Aluminium industry of Montenegro is exclusively operated by Uniprom KAP.
- KAP is situated within the business zone 10 km southern from Podgorica, 70 km away from bauxite mines in Nikšić in , 3 km away from the airport Golubovci and 57 km away from the Port of Bar, in which its installations and warehouses for storing alumina and caustic soda are situated.
- KAP owns its own industrial spur connected to the Railway Infrastructure of Montenegro, including Bauxite Mines Nikšić and Port of Bar.
- Total land area on which KAP is located and which is owned by the company UNIPROM doo Nikšić equals 1.967.508 m².
- Land area covered by building structures (production facilities, warehouses and other objects) is over 150 000m².
- Administration building area is over 4000m².
Since mid-July 2014 up to date, Uniprom KAP has invested more than EUR 10 million in capacity increase, equipment overhaul and modernization of plant facilities it had purchased from KAP - Kombinat Aluminijuma Podgorica in bankruptcy.
During the same period, 97 new electrolytic pots were started, thanks to which an annual production level of 40.000 tons of commercial metal was achieved.
Investment plan envisages commercial metal production increase up to maximum 60.000t/y and downstream capacity development.
Uniprom KAP has opened a new modern restaurant for employees in order to provide better work conditions and increase satisfaction of employees.
The new medical center for providing primary health care services to employees that will be equipped with up-to-date equipment is being constructed, while overhaul of transportation vehicles and reconstruction of the facility where they are maintained are currently in the process.
By the Decision of the Assembly of the Capital City of Podgorica as of 30 April 2014, KAP’s zone was declared the Business zone (ref. to the Decree of the Government of Montenegro on Encouraging of Direct Investments, Official Gazette of Montenegro”, No.80/15).
Procedure to obtain consent for establishing the Uniprom KAP Free Zone is in the process.
Presently, Uniprom KAP in its production chain has business cooperation with 152 stakeholders from the territory of Montenegro and 144 stakeholders from abroad.